Thursday, February 5, 2009

TJ recovery begins

It has been several hours since the last blog and many of you have gone to sleep.  I am sitting at bedside as our sweet sister has gone to sleep for the night. Here is a recap of the day.  Surgery began at 3pm and finished just before 7pm.  The surgery was extensive more than we expected but the plastic surgery went  better than we expected.  I guess you could say today has been a roller coaster of prayer, emotion, concern and amazement.

 It is certain the God has been with us in the biggest and smallest ways.  From the biggest being TJ being wheeled into the room at just before 10pm, alert and giving orders to the smallest of me finally finding my cell phone charger after 20 minutes of searching and 2 minutes of praying(i am sure this is not a surprise to all who know me).  It is clearly evident that we have a long road ahead but that our sister is already showing amazing strength and courage in the face of struggle.  I continue to be blessed and encouraged by every moment I spend with her.  

For now, Cal and Chris have gone home to be with the children and i stand ready at my post as TJ's private nurse.  Thanks to each of you for your continual prayer for TJ and myself and our families.  

Goodnight,  Nancy

No comments: